We are excited that you are ready to fill out you application with eXp Realty.
Filling out the application does not automatically make you an eXp agent, it merely gets the ball rolling and you in direct communication with eXp. After your application you will be able to download the world, meet your state broker, agent support, tech support and attend live classes that you can find at www.juanandBettina.com/calendar scroll down to view the live classes in the cloud.
Ready to Apply!
The process of signing up to join.exprealty starts with an application. You need to submit an Application and Independent Contractors Agreement. Again, eXp will send you instructions on how to transfer/activate your license with eXp. Some States like TX & FL, this is simply going into the State Association site and transferring. While States like Nevada, it takes submitting some paperwork. It’s ok. You have great State Brokers, an exemplary concierge onboarding team and your sponsor to lean on.
Let’s Get Started!
- Go to https://joinapp.exprealty.com/index.html which looks like this:
- Fill out the required information in the New Agent boxes (name, email, cell phone number, and country). After you do this, you will get the additional slots to appear (password, security question, and answer).
Put your Username & Password in a Safe place. This is the information you will use to sign in at http://joinapp.exprealty.com/ as a “Returning Agent.” You will also use this same Username & password to login to eXp World as well, when you have completed the application process 🙂
- After you sign in, you will be prompted into the join.eXp Application Overview dashboard that looks like this:
Here, you can keep track of your onboarding process, check your application status, and access some useful guides and books that will help you.
There is a step-by-step visual guide on the top where you can see which actions are your responsibility and which actions will be done by eXp.
- The next step is filling out and signing an Independent Contractor Agreement. You can see the status of this step in the Application Overview Dashboard.
Once you click on the “Let’s Go” button (it will turn into a “Take me back!”, you will be prompted to a 6-step process where you will finalize your onboarding process:
*Note: You can see each step of the process on the top side of the page and go back to it at any point in the process.
Step 1: Personal Information
In this step, you will be required to enter some additional personal information such as your mailing address, email state, city, and some other optional information.
Adding an Emergency Contact is also mandatory – name, relationship with the Contractor, phone number, and email.
On the bottom side of the Personal Information Form, you will see two bolded Yes/No questions you :
- Have you ever been associated with eXp Realty in the past or present? Yes/No
- Do we have your permission to send you updates and reminders via text message? Yes/No
- We recommend you click “Yes” for the updates and reminders
Finally, to continue, you must read and agree to eXp Realty Privacy Notice (Terms & Conditions) by checking the box “I Acknowledge” on the bottom of the screen.
Once you’re done with this page, click on the green button “Save and Continue” found on the bottom right side.
Step 2: Sponsor Information
This step is important! Make sure to read the full text of this step before completing it.
If you don’t yet know who you will be naming as your sponsor, Concisder
The Sponsor Information contains information about what a sponsor is and a video where sponsorship is explained. There are two options to choose from:
- Choose your sponsor on your own, or
- If you do not choose a sponsor, eXp Realty will hold that sponsorship position.
- We do NOT recommend this option, as you will be considered an “Orphan”
You are required to watch the video as an acknowledgment of the sponsor rules and program. Once you’re done with the video, click on the green button below the video, “I have viewed the video and understand the sponsorship policy.” When you do this, your acknowledgment time and date will be logged into the system.
Following the sponsorship video acknowledgment, you will be asked the question, “Do you wish to name a specific eXp Realty Agent/Broker as your sponsor?”. This is where you should enter the phone # of the person who helped you join eXp Realty.
- *IMPORTANT: Make sure you do this because the sponsor will receive compensation from eXp as a token of gratitude from eXp Realty for helping you get onboarded!
If you choose “Yes” you will be asked to provide a few pieces of information about your sponsoring eXp Agent: We recommend inputting your sponsor’s cell # in the search bar. The name of your sponsor should auto-populate. Then Click confirm. If their’ name does not auto-populate, enter their name and make sure that you are choosing the correct person. If you are not 100% sure reach out to us or your sponsor to confirm.
Then close out the screen and wait up to 45 seconds for the screen to auto-populate. It will ask you to confirm that your sposor information is correct. Select Yes, then “Save & Continue”
If you choose “No”, you will be required to confirm your choice as the decision is irrevocable.
We highly recommend that you choose a sponsor. Otherwise you will be considered an “Orphaned Agent” with eXp and will get assigned to someone who has never sponsored any agents. If you have any questions, please feel free to call Juan at 469-231-1057 or Bettina at 214-683-6746 and we can help you identify a sponsor and make sure you are not an “eXp Orphan”
*Note: Once the application is completed, changes in sponsorship will not be made under any circumstances.
**IF YOU ARE UNCLEAR on who should be named as your sponsor, PLEASE DO NOT PROCEED with your application until you are 100% certain. Call/Text us at 469-231-1057 or 214-683-6746
Step 3: Primary Real Estate License Information
In this step, you are asked basic information about your license; how long have you been licensed, and in which country and province your primary license is held.
After you answer these questions, you’ll be asked the status of your license, and based on your answer, some other questions will load.
If you select “In school” – not licensed yet or “Finished school – haven’t taken state exam” there will be no additional questions, and you can move on to the next step by clicking “Save and Continue”
If you select “Passed state exam – waiting on my license” or “License in hand – ready to place my license” there will be some additional questions about your license:
Once you submit all answers, you’ll see a short summary to confirm that all information you entered is current and correct.
By clicking “Save and Continue,” you confirm the information and go over to the next step.
Step 4: Real Estate Experience
This section will ask a few Yes/No questions about your previous real estate experience, your brokerage, and your licensing history. Make sure you answer them truthfully, especially the ones about having any license suspensions or complaints. If you have received any suspensions or complaints, add as much detail in the dialogue box that pops up. We will need to visit with your state broker to get them to review your application and approve it. Let us know if you have any questions or if you answered “yes.” We will help you get you approved 😉 Just call/text 214-683-6746
Step 5: Financial Information
The Financial information step covers a few areas:
- Your Social Security Number
- W9 Information – income and tax information
- Exemptions (apply only to entities)
- Address Information – address of the individual or entity
- Additional Information (optional information)
- Direct Deposit – the account where payments for services will be sent, as well as obligations or other reimbursements
The most confusing questions in the entire eXp Realty application are below. Hopefully these answers below help:
- “Would you like to participate in the agent equity program?”
- eXp will set aside 5% of the Agent’s Net Commission on transactions. The best part? You get a 20% discount on the stock – so it’s like you’re getting paid 20% more on that 5%. The only downside is that the exp stock has less liquidity than cash. If you’re unsure if you want to participate, just click no – you can always opt-in later.
- Would you like to be paid as a company?
- This essentially means do you want eXp to cut a check directly to you – or to a company you own (for example, an LLC you’re using for tax purposes). If you don’t have a company, just select no. In Texas and many states you are required to have a Broker’s license in order to get paid through a company
If you classify as a business in regards to federal taxation, you will also be asked to provide your business name and EIN as shown in the screenshot:
Most agent’s tax classification is as an “Individual or Sole Proprietorship”
Once you’ve entered this information, you will again get a summary of everything you wrote to confirm if you’ve entered the correct information. Click “Save and Continue”
Step 6: Documents
Once you’re done with all of the above, the last step is to sign your Independent Contractor Agreement – ICA.
Once you click on “Sign my documents” your ICA will start loading. All the information you entered in the application will be automatically filled out in the agreement.
Make sure you read and understand each part of the ICA as it’s a binding contract. You need to create your name on the bottom of the contract, which can be done electronically through the system with your mouse.
Once you’re happy with how your signature looks, click “Insert Everywhere” so it automatically fills out in every required field.
After you’ve entered your signature and re-checked the ICA, click on “Next.” This will prompt you to another document with a few more blank fields where you need to enter your payment information. As you can see, you have the option of paying through a Credit Card or a Checking Account. In the fields of the payment option, you DON’T want to use, enter “N.A..”
By signing, you agree to have eXp Realty charge you the $85 monthly Cloud Brokerage.
You must put in the form of payment that you had said you would like to pay with. The second option is for a backup. If you choose to not utilize a backup, you can just put “1111111” in the blank for the 2nd form of payment.
When you enter all your information, your W9 Form will automatically fill out along with your signature. To approve everything, click “Continue.”
You will be taken to the Independent Contractor Agreement once again. You’ll be asked to agree to be legally bound by the ICA, for which you need to click “I Agree” in the top right hand corner.
Next, let you sponsor know that you have filled out your exp join application, and the date that you would like to move your license. That way they can help get you started. They will be super excited to support you on your eXp journey!
Then after that check your email from eXp. Save this email. It has instructions to download eXp World. This way you have full access to the education, your agent onboarding team, and your soon-to-be State Broker.
Go here for your next onboarding steps AFTER you transfer your license to eXp. If you have any questions about timeframes, or if you need help with rushing the application. Just let us or your sponsor know. We can help 🙂 My cell is 214-683-6746
- After you send your paperwork, eXp Realty will review and approve it. You will then receive an email with the completed Independent Contractor Agreement that is signed off by the eXp Realty team. The email will be titled “Copy of your Independent Contractor Agreement). ” Your Designated Managing Broker is also required to sign off your file as your license being transferred (They will receive an email with the subject “License Transfer Process”).
- Once you’re done with all of the above, the last step is to activate your email address, which will activate your account.
- You will receive a few welcoming emails from our team once you join.eXp realty:
- Welcome Email (Subject: Welcome to eXp Realty! Your Passport Account)
- Skyslope Email (Subject: Activate Your eXp Realty SkySlope Account)
- Agent Services checklist email with an explanation of the services offered
- In one of the mails, you will get a link to access eXp Enterprise. eXp Enterprise is where you can access all of the essential eXp Realty systems, training calendar, market resources, and calendar, view your transactions, revenue share, and stock information.
The whole onboarding process can be finished within 48 hours, depending on the involvement and accuracy of the parties involved.
Keep in mind that the guest access to eXp World and the Join App.eXp realty will be available for one month. After this time, eXp World will no longer be accessible until another access request is made. Your active Passport account will be included with your welcome email when you become an active agent.
Why do agents join eXp Realty?
eXp Realty is a global family of agents and partners that work tirelessly to transform the real estate experience. We empower our agents with world-class education, strategic partnerships, and stock awards.
Some of the highlights of what we offer are:
Revenue Share Plan
Through the Revenue Share Plan, eXp Realty agents can receive revenue share income from the sales activity of productive agents they sponsor into the company.
The income is based on the adjusted gross commission income (AGCI) from the sales transactions closed by a personally sponsored capping agent and productive agents in their overall group. eXp shares 50% of its revenue (Company Dollar) received from each transaction before expenses are removed.
Multiple revenue streams
Agents at eXp Realty can receive revenue share from the sales activity of the productive agents they sponsor into the company. Revenue share is paid by eXp Realty and doesn’t reduce agent commission.
Good commission splits
One of the most significant benefits of working with us is that there are no desk fees, no royalty fees, and no franchise fees. Agents keep 80-100% of their commissions and participate in one of the industry’s most rewarding agent experiences.
eXp Agent Healthcare
To improve the agent’s wellbeing, eXp also offers a program called eXp Agent Healthcare through which agents can receive low-cost healthcare choices, including:
- Insurance and medical cost-sharing
- Telemedicine services
- Supplemental insurance
The goal of this program is to help eXp agents save money, improve their provider network, and minimize their out-of-pocket costs.
How much does it cost to join eXp Realty?
When you join eXp Realty, you will have to pay the following fees:
U.S. agent fees (USD):
- $149 start-up fee
- $85/month cloud brokerage fee
U.S. agent transaction fees (USD):
- $25/transaction broker review fee
- $40/transaction risk management fee ($500 annual cap)
Canada agent fees (CDN):
- $199 start-up fee
- $139/month cloud brokerage fee
Canada agent transaction fees (CDN):
- $29/transaction broker review fee
- $17/transaction risk management fee ($200 annual cap)
FAQS about join.exprealty
- Do I need a real estate license to join.eXp Realty?
- Yes, you’re required to hold an active license to be able to join eXp Realty as an agent.
- Can a brokerage join eXp Realty?
- Yes. Individual agents, teams, and independent brokerages of all sizes can join eXp Realty.
- Is eXp Realty good for newly licensed agents?
- It really depends who you ask. eXp Realty offers a learning platform where newly licensed agents can get familiar with the fundamental knowledge required to start and build a successful real estate career. Each mentee is paired with a certified eXp mentor who is a member of the same local geographic area. But in an industry where there is almost a 90% failure rate in the first 5 years. We recommend partnering with eXp Realty agents for the support and training for a new agent to succeed.