The Most Effective Lead Follow-up Script
Five to Thrive
- Start every day in a great emotional place… with Gratitude… 7-10 things…
- Then go recommit to you 7-10 goals
- Law of Attraction
- Do your planning session:
- What do I want to achieve to day.
- 3 Results Today.
- Be specific & Simple…
- Laser Focus
EX: get listing at 123 main st at $497k vs talk to 10 sellers
3. 5-10 minutes reviewing your market
- hot sheet,
- where are the trends?
- Ask title
- Ask Lender
- Ask Piers
-w/ friends, piers or puppies… or practice on clients… 5-15 mins
-Athletes practice every day
-7% words, 38% tone, 55% the way you use your body
5. Be willing to talk on the phone x# times every single day
– 5 in your database, 5 new people, 4 Lead Follow-up
$17+billion/year of ad spend… people trying to get your database to go somewhere else
First thing First - Mindset
Before I just give you the script, I thought I would share with you some of the biggest challenges for realtors when following up with leads. Otherwise, you might not use it and your results will suffer.
Once you read the script, you’re going to think, “that’s too simple” so let me share with you why simple is good.
What would you do?
You have a lead… they called you about 123 Main St.
It’s a 3/2 in Allen ISD
What the other Realtors
Most realtors receive a lead on a property from a sign call, ad call or internet lead and they call the prospect based on what the prospect contacted them for.
Meaning, they say something like, “You contacted me about the property located at 123 Main Street, did you get all the information you were after?” Or, “I’m calling you back about 123 Main Street, how can I help you?”
This is the most common pitfall of all for realtors. While it seems like the right thing to do, the prospect has 2 basic goals when they are researching properties.
Goal #1 is to eliminate the property.
Think about it, the last time you were in the market to purchase something like a car. You’re looking at cars online or in Auto Trader with the intention to eliminate those that don’t fit your criteria. As you scan ads you’re thinking, “too many miles, wrong color, doesn’t have leather seats, etc.” Unconsciously and consciously, you’re eliminating choices so you can invest your time wisely.
…………………………….Real estate buyers are no different.
Goal #2 is to eliminate you.
It’s your job to position yourself to possess something that they want. And when you do, it’s easy to schedule an appointment. After tracking the results of thousands of leads, I came to the realization that the chances of the prospect purchasing the property that they contacted you about is less than one percent. So, if you’re calling them back about the property they originally inquired about, what are your chances of selling them a home?
I think it’s fair to say, about one percent…
Here you go.
this is ___________ with eXp Realty.
Thank you for taking my call.”
“I’m calling to update my files to see if you’re still in the market to… … … … ……BUY A HOME….
or find out if you’ve already purchased something?”
That’s it… I told you it was simple. There are a couple of points I’d like to make about the beauty of this simplistic approach.
Fantastic! Tell me, what part of town are you most interested in?
How many bedrooms do you need? How many bathrooms are you looking for?
Perfect, I’m inputting your criteria into the multiple listing service that hosts all of the real estate listings that are available right now and in a matter of moments, I’ll be able to tell you how many homes fit your specific criteria.
So tell me, are you looking for a particular school district?
Do you need a 2 car garage or is 3 or more required?
- There are really only 2 answers to the question.
- Rather than calling them back about one house, you’re now able to call them back about every house.
- I’ve split tested this script with every variation I could come up with and the simple script above yielded the best conversion rates.
- It doesn’t matter when the prospect reached out to you. If it was 2 weeks ago or 30 seconds ago, always use the script.
If they say, “I’m no longer looking” at least now you know and you can move on to the next.
If they say, “I’m still in the market” then you can build rapport based on the needs of the prospect.
You get the point.
Once you have input their criteria you can share how many listings are available and close for the appointment. You can also begin qualifying the prospect by asking a few more questions.
- Are you paying cash or do you need financing?
- Do you need to sell your existing house before you purchase your next home?
- I assume that because you contacted me directly, that you’re not obligated to purchase your next home through another realtor?
- How soon would you like to be in your new home?
- On a scale from 1-10, with 10 being an immediate need to purchase and 1 means you’re just curious, how would you rate yourself?
- What would have to happen for you to become a 10?
I trust that this has been a good investment of your time and that your conversion rates will continue to rise with this very simple script.